Note: Most of our websites use an open-source image gallery plugin called “NextGen Gallery.” This tutorial has been written for this particular plugin. If your website does not use this type of gallery, please contact us and we’ll gladly help you out.
Everyone likes to look at samples of your product/service, and what better way to do that then with a showcase image gallery? We will teach you how to add images to a photo gallery, below.
- Log into your website.
- After you have successfully logged into your website, look for the “Gallery” tab on the left menu. Hover over it with your mouse and select “Add Gallery/Images.”
Uploading images to your gallery
- Once you are on the “Add Gallery/Images” page, you can either add images to an existing gallery, or create a new gallery.
- To create a gallery, click “Add new gallery.”
- Name your gallery and then click the “Add gallery” link. A short embed code will appear on the page. Copy and paste the embed code onto the page you want people to be able to view your gallery from.
- To upload an image make sure you are on the “Upload images” tab. Then simply click “Select Files” and find the photos you wish to upload to the gallery.
We recommend enabling the auto-scaler for your images.
- Then select the gallery from the dropdown menu and click “Upload images.”
Congratulations! You now know how to add photos to your gallery!