22 May Inserting Photos on Pages & Posts
Having quality content that is both exciting and easy-to-read is very important to the success of any website and internet marketing strategy. But any professional writing expert knows that images that supplement good copy can be just as important.
So if you’re looking to add or replace photos on your website pages or blog posts, read on!
- Log into your website.
- After you have successfully logged into your website and can see the “WordPress Dashboard,” select the appropriate “Posts” or “Pages” option, depending on which type you are meaning to edit.
Need to know How to Create/Edit Pages & Posts?
Uploading images to your website
- Now that you are in the “Page Editor,” select the area within your content that you wish to add a photo to by clicking once. You will see a text cursor flashing in that location.
- After you are satisfied that you have selected the appropriate area of your content, locate the “Add Media” icon above the content editor. It will be sitting to the direct right of the “Upload/Insert” text.
- Once you have found the “Add Media” icon, click it.
- A window will pop up prompting you to “Add media files from your computer.” To do so, click “Select Files” and then find the local photo files on your computer.
It is highly recommended that you keep all uploaded photos below 800 x 800 pixels.
When you are satisfied that you have found the photo you wish to use, click “Open.”
- After the upload has completed, you will see a series of options attached to the photo that was just uploaded. You can enter in a title, alternative text, caption, description, choose the alignment of the photo in the content, and then choose a preset size for the photo.
We recommend that you remove the “Link URL” and then choose the alignment in size prior to the next step.
- Once you are satisfied with your options, click “Insert into Post.” Your photo will now be included within the post!
- Finally, click the blue “Update/Publish” button.